2018顶石100超级越野大师赛 · 雅拉雪山赛事规程
2018 Capstone 100·Zhara Rules & Regulations
1.1 主办单位： 中共道孚县委
1.2 承办单位： 道孚康巴体育产业发展有限公司
I. Event organization
1.1 Sponsor： Daofu County Committee of the CPC
Daofu County People's Government
1.2 Organizer: Daofu Kang-pa Sports Industry Development
Beijing Olymstar Sports Culture Development Co., Ltd
II. Race Date & Schedule
2.1 Match time:
July 12-16, 2018
2.2 Place of Competition:
Bamei Town, Daofu County, Sichuan, China
2.3 Race Check-In Details:
Check-In date: Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:00~22:00
Check-in location: Bamei Artist Holiday Hotel
2.4 Race Starting Time:
July 15, 2018, 03:00
2.5 Starting point:
Town Center Square, Bamei Town
2.6 Race Format:
The race format is only for solo competitors and is 100-kilometers in distance. The race is capped at a max of 200 men and women total.
III. Race Route:
3.1 Route Information:
The Capstone 100km race is approximately 100.2 kilometers in length with the start/finish line seated at an elevation of 3,428 meters above sea level. The race has a cumulative climb of approximately 4,030 meters, a maximum altitude of approximately 4,782 meters, a minimum elevation of approximately 3,428 meters, and an average elevation of approximately 3,951 meters. The route terrain consists of about 3.5 kilometers of highway/tarmac, 13.3km of fireroad/dirt double-track road, 29km of singletrack trail, and about 54.2km is open grassland. Further detailed info can be found in the race manual. For 80% of the route, one can enjoy views of snow-capped Mt. Zhara.
3.2 Route Description:
Bamei Town(start/finish point) →Lotus Treasure→ Observation Deck of Mt. Zhara→ TaiZhan Gorge(upward route)→ Sister Lake →TaiZhan Gorge(downward route) →Hot Valley →Ranch at 4460m → Rubber Mountain → Gexi Village → Bamei Town(start/finish point)
3.3 Route Map:
IV. Application Conditions
4.1 Eligibility Requirements:
All contestants must meet the following conditions:
● The ages of all contestants at the time of registration need to be between 18 or older and 60 or younger.
● Have no diseases that make them unfit for exercise and outdoor activities at high altitude.
● Have at least 10 ITRA points (garnered from three (3) or fewer events) from eligible domestic or international trail races that were completed in calendar years 2016-2017.
● Have participated in climbing, hiking or running activities above 3,500 meters in elevation within the years 2016-2017.
4.2 Medical Certificate:
● All contestants, at the race check-in site, must submit a physical examination certificate that was conducted within the past year (which includes an electrocardiogram and blood pressure reading) at a first or second-tier hospital or county-level and above hospital. Those who have the following diseases may not participate in the competition:
-Congenital heart disease, rheumatic heart disease or other heart diseases
-Coronary artery disease and severe arrhythmia
-Hypertension and cerebrovascular diseases
-Other diseases that make one unsuitable for mountain sports/trail running
● 报名方式：官网报名 官网：www.china-race.cn
V. Registration Process
5.1 Registration Process:
● Application window: 12:00 PM March 9th, 2018 to 12:00 PM May 31th, 2018.
● Registration links: www.china-race.cn
● Complete the registration form and submit the supporting documents per the requirements. The organizing committee will review applications on the basis of the order of submission (first come, first served).
● No lottery is in use for this event. Registration must be completed before the deadline.
5.2 Race Service:
If a runner fails to finish successfully in 2018 due to time cut-off restrictions (does not apply to one’s own decision to DNF or otherwise not finish), he/she will be eligible for entry in the 2019 edition.
Race Service includes:
● Race organizing service.
● Medical and rescue services during the event.
● Participant’s race package (Finisher’s commemorative clothing, race bib, timing chip and GPS device renta, race manual).
● Lodging at Bamei Artist Holiday Hotel from July 12-15, 2018 (4 nights).
● Round-trip shuttle bus from Kangding Airport to Bamei Artist Holiday Hotel.
● Round-trip shuttle bus from Chengdu Shuangliu Airport to Bamei Artist Holiday Hotel.
● Shuttle bus to and from the hotel and start/finish line.
5.3 Registration Confirmation:
● Successful registration and being approved is one’s registration confirmation.
● The final list of registered runners will be announced on the official race website and the race WeChat account after the registration deadline, plus all contestants will be notified.
5.4 Withdrawal of Registration:
● Once the application for the race is received and competitor eligibility verified, requests for race withdrawal will not be accepted.
● The top three men and women of the race will be awarded both prize money and merchandise for this event.
● In addition to the winners, the remaining finishers will receive a prize of RMB 1,000.
● All finishers will receive a commemorative race medal.
● All finishers will receive commemorative race clothing.
● All finishers receive a certificate of achievement (electronic version).
● All finishers receive five(5) ITRA points for this race certification.
● Winner’s awards:
10,000 USD + 50g pure gold medal
3,000 USD + 50g sterling silver medal
1,000 USD + 50g pure copper medal
10,000 USD + 50g pure gold medal
3,000 USD + 50g sterling silver medal
1,000 USD + 50g pure copper medal
● Prize money/awards Delivery Process: After the competition is over, the organizing committee will publicize the results on the official WeChat public platform for 10 days. During these ten days, appeals will be accepted. Afterward, if no appeals are fielded, the organizing committee will contact the winning contestants to issue prizes within 5 working days.
● All prize money amounts are pre-tax figures.
VII. Competition Rules
7.1 Race Description:
This competition is a 100km self-navigated and self-supported event. Runners compete on the course as designed by the organizing committee and must complete the race using their own navigation devices. Two checkpoints are staged at various points along the course. These two checkpoints only provide cold and hot water to the runners. Before the race starts, runners will have the opportunity to have drop bags of equipment/gear, clothing and food deposited at these two points, but the full kit of mandatory equipment must be carried throughout the race. Participants must complete the competition by means of their own personal strength. They must not rely on any outside transportation or means of movement, manual or motorized, vehicles, animals, or otherwise, nor with the help or support of arranged or non-arranged outsiders or support provided by the race organizing committee. Violators will be disqualified and no complaints fielded. The race route will be released at the technical meeting.
In addition to the timing checkpoint at the start/finish line of the competition, other timing points will be in use along the course. Runners must pass through and receive confirmation that their time has been recorded at each timing point. Skipping a checkpoint or not having one’s time recorded at any one of the timing checkpoints will disqualify the concerned runner and invalidate one’s results.
7.2 Race Starting Time:
2018, July 15, 03:00
7.3 Cut-off Time and Process (calculated from race start gun time):
In order to guarantee the safety of participating athletes, the cut-off time of this competition is 30 hours. In the same manner, every checkpoint will have cut-off times set in relation to their position on the course. The time that a runner leaves a checkpoint will be their recorded time; cut-off times are in effect from that point. The arrival time to a checkpoint is not considered; if a competitor arrives before the cut-off time but leaves after the cut-off time is past, he/she will be disqualified. Runners subjected to a cut-off time must immediately retire from the race and not continue onwards. Runners who choose to not continue onward (due to poor condition, one’s own decision to retire, injury or otherwise) in the race or who are subjected to a cut-off time must register at the nearest aid station and make arrangements with the staff to return to the race finish line.
Observation Deck of Mt. Zhara
TaiZhan Gorge(upward route)
TaiZhan Gorge(downward route)
Ranch at 4460m
7.4 Transfer Bags of Equipment/Gear Drop-off and Pick-up
Drop-off time: 15:00-18:00 July 14, 2018
Drop-off venue: Lobby of Bamei Artist Holiday Hotel
Pick-up time: 18:00 July 15, 2018-9:00 July 16, 2018
Pick-up venue: Town Center Square, Bamei Town
Every participating athlete shall drop off and pick up the transfer bags of equipment/gear in accordance with the rules and regulations. Valuables should not be stored in the bag (such as mobile phones, official ID/ certificates, cash, credit cards, keys, mobile devices, etc). Upon one’s return to the finish line whether from DNF or after completing the race, runners can retrieve their stored items at the gear check point. If you do not return to the finish line within the race cut-off time to collect your stored gear, you can contact the Organizing Committee the next day to receive it. If you do not arrange to pick up your bag within that following day, the Organizing Committee will dispose of it.
7.5 Medical Assistance:
● Medical aid stations will be fixed at the start/finish line and along the race course to provide free medical services for runners.
● During the competition, if a runner is judged by the medical staff as unfit to continue, he/she must strictly accept and abide by the doctor's suggestion and cooperate with the referee to complete the DNF registration process.
● There will be observation posts manned with volunteers along the course and at key intersections to ensure runners do not get lost and to reduce danger.
● 急医疗药品较齐全的医疗包(便携急救包应包含消毒纱布、包扎带、水泡贴 、消毒纸巾、止痛药等、以及任何适当的个人药品。（建议药物：阿司匹林、扑热息痛、芬必得、6542片、克痢痧、息斯敏/扑尔敏、止血纱布、弹性绷带等）
7.6 Equipment Requirements:
All mandatory equipment needs to be carried throughout the race and the recommended gear should be arranged on its own (Gear that is underlined is provided by the Race Organizing Committee).
● Race number bib including timing chip
● Timing Bracelet
● GPS tracking device
● Navigation equipment (handheld GPS, wearable device with GPS tracking, mobile phone with GPS route tracking function APP installed, etc.)
● Emergency space blanket (150*200cm)
● Resealable bag (for personal trash)
● Lighting equipment: 2 headlamp or torch (with spare batteries)
● Warm top: wool, fleece or down jacket, weighing not less than 200g
● Warm pants: Weight not less than 200g
● Windproof Jacket
● Windproof Pants
● Wool or down stocking cap
● Insulated gloves
● Water-carrying pouch/bladder/bottles with a capacity not less than 1L
● Mobile phone and battery bank/pack
● Foodstuffs of which energy supply is not less than 1000 Kcal
● Sunblock and SPF-rated lip balm
● Trekking poles
● Extra clothing
● Spare headlamps or flashlights with spare batteries
● Complete medical kits including sterile gauze, elastic bandages, medical tape suitable to wrap a sprained ankle, butterfly bandages and band-aids, sterilized alcohol wipes, blister and foot-care supplies, anti-chafing cream and NSAID’s like Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, etc.
● Extra trail running shoes/socks
● Other equipment
When the contestant collects the event package, he/she needs to pay a GPS tracker deposit of RMB 500. After completion of the race, competitors can collect the deposit upon return of their GPS tracker. If there is any loss or damage, the deposit will not be refunded.
7.7 Equipment Inspection:
Mandatory equipment will be checked at the time of the athlete race packet pick-up site. If there is a missing item, the race packet will not be issued. Gear will also be checked at the starting line; the absence of any one item will disqualify the runner. During the race, runners will also be subject to random gear checks from on-course staff. Runners found to be without a piece of mandatory gear will be disqualified there and then. Gear will also be checked at the two checkpoints for changing clothing and equipment, runners found out to be without all mandatory equipment will not be allowed to check-out from the checkpoints.
The 2 drop bag locations for this event will be at the TaiZhan Gorge (CP3a,b) and Rubber Mountain (CP7).
7.8 Penalties for Violations:
The organizing committee will arrange staff and judges at the start/finish line and at each checkpoint. Runners who violate the any of the following rules will be disqualified from participating in this competition for a time period of two years. If the circumstances are serious, they will be banned for life. Disqualifications will be handed out for the following violations (but not limited to the below as determined by official race judges).
● Competitors must complete all the races independently. They must not ride on horses, vehicles, etc. They must not carry and use oxygen devices or other breathing apparatuses (except for inhalers with a valid prescription to be furnished upon demand).
● Competitors must strictly adhere to the race course as organized and announced by the race organizing committee. It is forbidden to cut or otherwise skip parts of the course.
● Altering, modifying or blocking/hiding one’s race bib/number or using another runner’s bib.
● Completing the course using ghost runners, relay-type running team, swapping bibs, or otherwise illegally completing the course or falsely representing one’s efforts/progress.
● Disobeying the commands of the race staff, interfering with the competition or other competitors, and causing trouble or breaking the law.
● Any uncivilized behavior (such as littering, etc.).
● Not carrying the mandatory race kit.
● Other violations of the rules of the game.
Note: The use of false information to obtain eligibility is at your own risk.
7.9 Adjustments to Route or Cancellation of the Event
If any adverse circumstances occur, including but not limited to fires, thunderstorms, earthquakes, rainstorms, mudslides, landslides, etc., the Organizing Committee reserves the right to cancel or temporarily adjust the schedule of events; due to natural disasters, wars, demonstrations, outbreaks of disease, and in the event of a force majeure that results in the cancellation of the event, the event will not refund the race entry fee.
VIII. Protests and Appeals
● Any person who disagrees with the results of the competition, the referee's adjudication, or the athlete's qualifications and desires to submit an appeal, a written complaint report must be filed with the Arbitration Committee of the Organizing Committee along with a RMB 500 appeal fee. The Arbitration Committee will arrive at a decision within 15 working days.
● If the appeal was successful, the appeal fee will be refunded. An unsuccessful appeal means the appeal fee will not be refunded.
● The Organizing Committee has purchased public liability insurance (not including personal accident insurance for participants).
● The Committee will supply personal accident insurance for all runners.
● Participants may purchase other types of insurance if they have other insurance needs.
X. Organizing Committee Contact Information:
● Telephone: (+86) 17313109309
● Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Sina Weibo: 顶石100超级越野大师赛
● WeChat: capstone100
XI. Further information not published here will be released at a later date. These regulations are to be arbitrated by and final judgment by the Capstone 100km Race Organizing Committee.
Capstone 100 Race Organizing Committee
March 9, 2018